KZ1000E swing arm bearing removal/replacment

More
25 Sep 2008 07:42 #238602 by wiredgeorge
Anyone ever remove the swingarm bearings from a KZ1000E ST? I removed the swingarm when I rebuilt my 79 but then painted the frame so didn't replace what appear to be needle bearings. I have an 1980 project ST and am thinking about powder coating the frame so the bearings would have to come out. If you haven't done this job, don't bother answer as the manual isn't clear (I have a shaft genuine Kaw service manual). If removed, are there replacement bearings available? I don't want to try finding generic bearings at a bearing shop. How are the new bearings installed. The ST doesn't have a swingarm shaft like most bikes but has two separate arms that attach to the swingarm; one for each side as memory serves.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2008 04:26 #240734 by Onebiker
Replied by Onebiker on topic KZ1000E swing arm bearing removal/replacment
I have just done the swingarm bearings on my KZ1100A, also a shaft with two pins holding in the swingarm. The biggest hassle was getting those pins out but I managed eventually. The manual was only really helpfull when it came to reinstalling the swingarm. Let me know if you think I can help you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.