• Page:

TOPIC:

luggage rack on 750 ltd twin 10 Sep 2008 03:30 #236477

• jorn
  • jorn's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • vroooooommmmm
  • Thank you received: 0
okay, so i've got a luggage rack. my father-in-law found it, it's got kawasaki stamped in it but i can't for the life of me figure out what it's off of. anybody have a clue/

i'm wanting to chop this thing down and put it on my '80 750 twin, but i'm not sure what to mount to. has anybody got a 750 twin with a luggage rack/ pictures of mount points would be much appreciated.

also, if anybody has a use for my rack closer to its original intent and can either get me a rack for mine or wants to buy this one, let me know.

p.s. sorry, my shift keys are broken and all my question marks are coming out as slashes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jorn.

luggage rack on 750 ltd twin 10 Sep 2008 04:13 #236481

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
A quick eBay search found this rack which might be useful for comparison. Otherwise, I know nothing about KZ750 luggage racks, or this seller, or whether it really even fits a KZ750. Full Disclaimer :lol: Just thought it might be of interest.

Rack on eBay

Good Luck! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

. 10 Sep 2008 05:26 #236487

• JMKZHI
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
del

Last edit: by JMKZHI.

luggage rack on 750 ltd twin 10 Sep 2008 05:27 #236488

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 206
Most of the racks are interchangeable, just takes a little work :)

The two tabs on the end fit over the shock mount studs, the other end fastens to the license plate bracket. Make mounting plates to suit your bike.

I removed a Vetter Deluxe Touring Package fron a 82 750 twin, then installed it on a 82 KZ1000M, and I mounted a luggage rack on my 79 750 twin that originally was mounted on an 80 KZ750E.
No big problems doing those two.

Those two links mounted on the ends are probably adapters someone made, normally the ends are slotted to fit over the shock mount studs.
KD9JUR

luggage rack on 750 ltd twin 10 Sep 2008 08:27 #236520

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
I have a couple racks that were specifically made for the 750 twin... let me tell you, they are kinda' strange... they mount with u-bolts UNDER the rear cowl.

The one in th epic at top is a hack, made from something else. You can see the the welded pieces. I have one that was hacked over to the 750 twin as well, and even with the custom welding, it is just stresses too much (due to lack of mount points) and is cracking.

Here's a link to a pic of one of my bikes with the luggage rack that was *made* for these bikes...
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

luggage rack on 750 ltd twin 10 Sep 2008 10:35 #236543

• jorn
  • jorn's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • vroooooommmmm
that is different, to say the least.

i suspected that it was modified, i just wish i knew what it was for because the chrome is in good shape and i hate to hack it up when somebody could probably put it to better use.

/sigh my brother's coming out this weekend, i may see if he can bring his mig welder... I'm thinking that even if it's not the way Kaw did it, mounting to the top shock bolts and then some yet unspecified point aft would probably serve me well enough. what do you guys think?

luggage rack on 750 ltd twin 10 Sep 2008 15:43 #236595

• bountyhunter
  • User
  • Thank you received: 337
jorn wrote:

has anybody got a 750 twin with a luggage rack/ pictures of mount points would be much appreciated.

Mine clamps in three places to the grab rail behind the seat. The one you have replaces the grab rail, so the two forward brackets mount to the bolts at the top of the shocks.
1979 KZ-750 Twin

Last edit: by bountyhunter.

luggage rack on 750 ltd twin 06 Mar 2009 08:06 #270032

• securitygeek
  • User
Just seeing this now (a few months late).

Did you get your rack figured out? I have one made for the 750 twin (1978 b3 model) in my shed. It won't go back on my bike in it's current form. PM me with an offer if you're interested.

luggage rack on 750 ltd twin 29 Nov 2018 18:27 #794375

• Jessmansimon
  • User
Biquetoast, do you know where I can get one of those racks from your pic? All the ones I’ve been looking at on eBay might work, but not for sure.. I also have a 78 kz750 twin.

luggage rack on 750 ltd twin 09 Dec 2018 13:17 #794861

• Jessmansimon
  • User
I found one!! The exact one I was after. It just showed up one day on eBay! If anyone else is looking for one, just be patient and eBay will deliver. The seller did not know which motorcycles it would fit, but I took one look and knew it was right because of the u-bolt holes on the bottom bracket. If anyone needs me to, I can post a picture of the exact rack for kz750 twin 76-79

• Page: