New "Oury" hand grips

More
15 Aug 2008 08:31 #232168 by coppertales
Replied by coppertales on topic New "Oury" hand grips
I put a pair on my bike last spring. I really like them but they don't hold up to the Texas summer heat. The ends have already started to break off and they are too sticky. They might be just great in a cooler climate. However, the price is low enough so replacing them a couple times a year won't hurt the wallet. When they get dirty, they are hard to clean. I guess I will get black ones next time....chris3

1982 KZ1100 A2
1982 1100 SPECTRE
1982 1100 SPECTRE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2008 11:22 #232192 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic New "Oury" hand grips
With about 150 miles on them I like them. We had a nice thunderboomer spring up and a wind front came in first. Blew up a dust storm over my bike. When I got to it to move it inside I noticed the grips were covered in dust. I got the dust off but noticed that the stickeyness was gone too. Still nice grip... hands won't slide but the tackyness is gone. I like them even better now. Still very comfortable. We only get a little Texas heat up here in NE, high 90's with jungle humidity but lately we only have thunder showers every afternoon knocking it down. Actually pretty pleasant! As for the grips.....I'd be willing to stick a pair on every year.B)

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.