New "Oury" hand grips

More
12 Aug 2008 16:22 #231656 by Locozuna
New "Oury" hand grips was created by Locozuna
Just put on the new grips I got from Z1. I will test them tomorrow after they cure but for now they seem pretty comfortable. Good size blocks of rubber isolate your hand and seems like they would dispel the bad vibes translated through the handlebar. I would rather they didn't carve their name on the grips but maybe that keeps the price down. It's only on one row of blocks so you can make sure it points down. They are tacky but I wouldn't describe them as stickey. Seem to be of good quality. I do like their feel. But I will re-post a riding review tomorrow.

Here is the Z1 link
www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=428

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2008 19:38 #231692 by bill_wilcox100
Replied by bill_wilcox100 on topic New "Oury" hand grips
Good stuff Locozuna. Looking forward to your feedback.

Almost ordered a pair this weekend. Glad I waited.

1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada

More
12 Aug 2008 20:56 #231703 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic New "Oury" hand grips
I used them years ago. The blocks wear like an old tire. That's why I didn't like them, plus they are shorter in length than the stock grips so don't fit right on the stock throttle tube. Hence my ugly remark, but enjoy them for what they are.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
13 Aug 2008 05:47 #231734 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic New
RonKZ650 wrote:

I used them years ago. The blocks wear like an old tire. That's why I didn't like them, plus they are shorter in length than the stock grips so don't fit right on the stock throttle tube. Hence my ugly remark, but enjoy them for what they are.

Ron... I'm not picking but what does wear like an old tire exactly mean?

They are 6 inch grips and seem to fit my "stock" tube perfectly. What is the length of original grips?

Maybe they have changed over the "years" since you tried them...things do change....sometimes....someplaces....somehow...:P

Maybe if I don't like these I'll just take a bunch of wraps with some nice duct tape ala Red Green and call it stock! I just saw some nice colorful new duct tape at the local hardware store. Rainbow too!!!! :blush:

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied

More
13 Aug 2008 06:10 #231736 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic New "Oury" hand grips
I am curious as to how they feel, I just bought a pair of the foam grips, used to run them all the time, didnt last too long but they were comfortable

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
13 Aug 2008 07:22 #231742 by JR
Replied by JR on topic New "Oury" hand grips
I got the exact same pair at the start of the season and I must say I do like them. They were'nt expensive and they dont have chrome or look like a million dollars but they work. They're comfortable, the grip is good and they reduce the vibration.
I like them. :)

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
13 Aug 2008 07:55 #231749 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic New "Oury" hand grips
When I got mine (about 1984 so memory may be wrong), I thought they were like 1/4" to 1/2" shorter than the stock grips so they either wouldn't slide on all the way leaving a gap, or the stock throttle tube had to be shortened slightly. By wearing like an old tire they wear just like any block tire. Eventually they look just like a block tire on a truck out of alignment with 30,000 miles on the tires, blocks all work down unevenly. I liked the grips and used them a couple years or more though before this happened.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
13 Aug 2008 08:21 #231755 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic New "Oury" hand grips
i have used these grips,and always liked them.i even have buddies that use them on cross country dirt bikes.my last set got sticky from setting in the sun and started leaving black marks on my hands.i took them off and set them to the side because they were still in good shape,except for the sticky thing.after a few months they were not sticky any more and seemed to have hardened.i happened to be doing a handlebar swap on the buell and the stock grips were glued on so i cut the one off the bar and left the one on the throttle tube.i used one of the old oury grips on the handlebars and kept the stock grip on the throttle and the oury isn't blackening my hand anymore and seems to be holding up just fine.i want a new set:).

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
13 Aug 2008 10:30 #231776 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic New "Oury" hand grips
Went for a nice 40 mi ride with the Oury's and I like them. Seemed to be enough anti-vibration with and without gloves. They are just tacky enough so they don't require a death grip and don't feel like you just grabbed a handful of flypaper either. The raised pads seemed to let enough air around under my hands so they did not feel hot or get sweaty. My one complaint is my "Cramp Buster" now wants to be on the switch end of the grip. Not real sure how I feel about that yet. I do have a throttle lock but I kind of liked the CB better. All in all so far I really like the Oury grips. Next we'll see how they stand up. I do have them out in the sun from time to time so I'll watch for that issue too. I can already say I like them better than the "gels" I had on there and a lot better than any foamies that I have ever had. B)

I also have some hand issues like my brother had. While I don't have baseball glove sized hands I do have considerable arthritis in them as did he. So I put a lot of stock in what makes a good grip and what works for me should only work better with "normal" hands.;)

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied

More
14 Aug 2008 01:59 #231930 by fixer5000
Replied by fixer5000 on topic New "Oury" hand grips
ive had those same grips on since last spring. i like em a lot!!

1978 kz650b pretty much stock
\\\\\\\" get there fast but arrive alive \\\\\\\"
massachusetts

More
14 Aug 2008 07:56 #231961 by tjhiggin
Replied by tjhiggin on topic New "Oury" hand grips
I put the Oury grips on my bike last fall. They are OK for short to medium length rides, but on long rides I find my hands getting very tired from them. My fingers are long and these grips are just a tad too small in diameter. I'll likely get something a little bigger.

T.J. in Huntsville, Alabama
1983 KZ1100-A3, 1974 Honda CB550-4
Previous bikes: CB100, TS125, CB175, KZ400, CB500-4

More
14 Aug 2008 08:02 #231964 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic New "Oury" hand grips
As kids, those were the only grips my friends and I would use on our dirt bikes.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you