Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

front end swap 08 Feb 2006 12:19 #22504

• rattler
  • rattler's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
hello to everyone still here at Kzr. i have been away fro a while. love the new site by the way.

well i have been talking about it for some time now and i finlay decided to get off my lazy A$$ and do it. i went and picked up a complete front end off a 04 ZZR1200 kawasaki.

i got to aquire a few more things to get my kz make over going. for starters i got to find a machine shop around were i live that has a reputation for doing good work because i am pretty sure i am going to have to swap out the steering stem and i need to get a set of axel adjusters made for the 7" over swingarm that is going to hold the 17x5.5 wheel i got off of ebay at a steal. i also got make a brake arm, a gauge bracket, head light mounts and a new brake leaver. then i need to push my fender back still,buy a new tail light, a new pro pipe instead of the upswept on on my kz now to take care of the clearance issues, a ss brake line for the rear brake set up, a 5/8 off set sprocket, a pair of shocks that are slimer than the ones i got now and only about 12-12 1/2 inches long.if i have time befor derby i am going to polish my wheels and tripples out and paint the front fended to match my bike.

i know i am forgeting a few things but that is pretty much the run down of what i got to get done to my kz in the next eight to ten weeks. if anyone has any tips or parts to help the project along let me know.

as soon as i get my other ps back from being rebuilt i will post progress pictures and a few of my friends recently tricked out kz;s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

front end swap 14 Feb 2006 22:39 #23979

• rattler
  • rattler's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
no one here with a zzr1200 front end huh?

front end swap 15 Feb 2006 03:43 #24006

• Snakebyte
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I think that gonehawkin did a write up on steering stem bearings. Start by seeing what bearings will work and go from there. Hope this helps good luck.

• Page: