hassle free bars swap on ltd?

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
10 Jul 2008 12:20 #225366 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic hassle free bars swap on ltd?
I used these I found on Ebay: cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Motorcycle-Part...ksid=p3756.m14.l1318

(sorry, still haven't figured out how to shrink a link)

They're made of chromed aluminum, and they have three wires, which means you can still run your front running lights.
I mounted the front ones where the reflectors on the down tubes go. But I had to drill through the threads in the frame tabs to make them work. (Be careful drilling them, they bend easy)
I also had to have a couple spacers for clearance from the frame. I just used a couple 1/2" nuts from the junk drawer.
And you'll find the terminals don't quite match. You could just cut and splice, but I went ahead and removed the terminals from the KZ wiring (inside the headlight) and adapted them to the new signals.
Funny, but the terminals for the rear lights fit fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
10 Jul 2008 12:25 #225368 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic hassle free bars swap on ltd?
OH no. Not that I'm superstitious or anything, but that previous post was my 666th.
I'm not riding home in St Louis rush hour with that on my karma.:S
So here's 667.:laugh:

More
11 Jul 2008 10:53 #225558 by BLK750
Replied by BLK750 on topic hassle free bars swap on ltd?
Tinkerinmatt, the turn signals were another Ebay find, though I know you can find them in the Dennis Kirk catalog. If you get them you will need to get a non-load sensitive flasher relay. The connectors didn't really fit all that well either but I found ones to splice on that did the job.

2014 Ford Edge SEL
2006 Yamaha RoadStar Warrior Midnight Edition
1980 Kawasaki KZ750 LTD