Friggin' wind....

More
06 Jun 2008 07:01 - 06 Jun 2008 07:03 #218332 by coppertales
Friggin' wind.... was created by coppertales
Blew my bike over yesterday. Some guy stopped me while walking to my bike to ask directions. If that had not happened, I would have been sitting on the bike and it would not have happened. A strong gust of wind blew it over on the right side, cracking and bending the cluster bracket, scratching and breaking a clamp on the windshield and scraping the rear turn signal and muffler. If it is not one thing, it is another. My other two KZ1100s are down for maintenance, ring change, so this is my only rider. I was going to a doc appointment. I was able to ride the bike there and straightened the windshield when I got home. Bummer....chris3

Forgot to mention that I am a big time powerlifter so picking up the bike was a non-issue. I hear all kind of stories of guys having their bike go over for one reason or another and not being able to pick it up. Wimps......and I am 64 years old.....chris3

1982 KZ1100 A2
1982 1100 SPECTRE
1982 1100 SPECTRE
Last edit: 06 Jun 2008 07:03 by coppertales.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2008 07:06 #218333 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Friggin' wind....
I'd find that S.O.B. that asked for directions and beat his face in with a metal garbage can lid!:huh: Dam tourists!

Seriously though...sorry to hear that.
The tank didn't get damaged?(hopefully not).

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
07 Jun 2008 08:45 #218525 by MCH650SR
Replied by MCH650SR on topic Friggin' wind....
Same thing happened to me with an 79 Susuki GS750. If there is a wind, I always make sure the bike stand is downwind.

1979 KZ650SR
modified with BS32 carbs
Yoshimura 4 in1
2006 Kawasaki Sherpa
1979 Honda CX500
BC Canada

More
07 Jun 2008 12:20 - 07 Jun 2008 12:21 #218576 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Friggin' wind....
coppertales wrote:

Blew my bike over yesterday. Some guy stopped me while walking to my bike to ask directions. If that had not happened, I would have been sitting on the bike and it would not have happened. A strong gust of wind blew it over on the right side, cracking and bending the cluster bracket, scratching and breaking a clamp on the windshield and scraping the rear turn signal and muffler. If it is not one thing, it is another. My other two KZ1100s are down for maintenance, ring change, so this is my only rider. I was going to a doc appointment. I was able to ride the bike there and straightened the windshield when I got home. Bummer....chris3

Forgot to mention that I am a big time powerlifter so picking up the bike was a non-issue. I hear all kind of stories of guys having their bike go over for one reason or another and not being able to pick it up. Wimps......and I am 64 years old.....chris3

I live in earthquake country and my worst fear (seriously) is that when it flips my bike over, I will just have to watch it leak gas. I have a bunch of blown discs in my spine (constant pain) and I can't lift anything heavier than a beer.

BTW: for wimps like me, it is recommended you approach a downed bike with YOUR BACK TO IT and lift that way. It strains your back a lot less than picking it up facing it.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 07 Jun 2008 12:21 by bountyhunter.

More
07 Jun 2008 13:58 #218593 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Friggin' wind....
Most of the time if I have to pick the bike up it's because I am underneath it (and that's really hard to do), but the few times I have had to pick up the bike while I was standing up it was real easy as the adrenaline was really flowing :D

KD9JUR

More
07 Jun 2008 15:32 #218626 by violentvintagecycles
Replied by violentvintagecycles on topic Friggin' wind....
Had my Honda out front last week for sale, went out for the day, got home and it was laying on the ground.
Attachments:

More
08 Jun 2008 14:31 #218759 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Friggin' wind....
steell wrote:

Most of the time if I have to pick the bike up it's because I am underneath it (and that's really hard to do), but the few times I have had to pick up the bike while I was standing up it was real easy as the adrenaline was really flowing :D

That's the problem, when you are amped up you lift things you shouldn't. Two of the discs I blew out really bad in my low spine happened when I and my dog were attacked by a pit bull. The spawn of satan had a short choke chain around his neck. As he was ripping my dog, I grabbed the choke chain and yanked that 60 pound sucker at least four feet into the air and threw him sideways, breaking his hold on my dog. His owner arrived and took him away, I collapsed and crawled home in agony from blowing out my back.

1979 KZ-750 Twin