Gpz750 Chain on the cheap - where to get one

More
28 May 2008 13:37 #216437 by LukeJ
Hi guys

Its early days yet, but I would like to look at options for a chain for my GPZ750A. Its rusty and seems to be a little slack too, so I've given it a squirt of WD40 etc.

I imagine it will dofor test runs, but I don't like the idea of it coming off any time while riding.

Where can I get a replacement? I have looked on Ebay, and couldn't find any that were cheap :( Are there generic chains you can buy that will do the same job?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2008 16:20 #216475 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Gpz750 Chain on the cheap - where to get one
LukeJ wrote:

Hi guys

Its early days yet, but I would like to look at options for a chain for my GPZ750A. Its rusty and seems to be a little slack too, so I've given it a squirt of WD40 etc.

I imagine it will dofor test runs, but I don't like the idea of it coming off any time while riding.

Where can I get a replacement? I have looked on Ebay, and couldn't find any that were cheap :( Are there generic chains you can buy that will do the same job?

I am also one who has been known to pinch the pennies until Lincoln screamed for mercy, but I don't think a chain is a good place to go for the cheap generic product. Just my opinion. A couple of places that sell pretty good chains at discount prices:

www.z1enterprises.com/

www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catal...reId=10101&sku=chain

1979 KZ-750 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.