I could really use a kz440 frame in FL and I am having a terrible time finding one.

More
25 May 2008 09:57 #215686 by djnubz
I can't seem to find a titled kz 440 frame anywhere. I bought a parts kz440 to use for spare parts for my kz440 chopper. Even though it had been in a small fire after I put some carbs on it and a battery I got it to run. Well after getting bored again recently I decided to pull off all the junk on it and I think I could have a working bike without a huge amount of trouble. The problem is that I don't have a title for the bike. So now I am looking for a frame and I can't find a single one with a title. Is there anywhere I should be looking that I may have missed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PFC FNG
  • User
  • I've got the sickness!!!
More
25 May 2008 11:42 #215701 by PFC FNG
You would probably have an easier time getting a title for your frame. Not sure how Florida works but in Michigan you can have your local police department run a check on the VIN of the frame and give you a certificate saying that it is not stolen, then you take it to your secretary of state and apply for a title.

Hope it helps

I know it would not be any fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?
84 ZX750 GPZ (Waiting for paint)
Eastpoint, Mi

More
25 May 2008 15:17 #215728 by djnubz
not the same here in FL. I have to find the original owner and send him a certified letter, if it returns unopened then I can bring the bike to the DMV and give them the unopened letter and then I can apply for a title. Problem is that they wont give me the address of the previous owner as far as I know. It's a catch 22. Is there any title service that can help me some how?

More
25 May 2008 17:50 #215778 by FloridaBiker

More
25 May 2008 21:12 #215836 by djnubz
I already emailed him. He doesn't have a title for it. Thanks for trying though.

• PFC FNG
  • User
  • I've got the sickness!!!
More
26 May 2008 06:32 #215904 by PFC FNG
I'm not sure if there are any legit ways to track down a previous owner, try carfax or maybe some kind f civilian investigator. Or if that fails, find a pretty DMV clerk and take her out for dinner.

I know it would not be any fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?
84 ZX750 GPZ (Waiting for paint)
Eastpoint, Mi