Trouble bleeding front brakes

More
23 May 2008 19:22 #215441 by brich
Replied by brich on topic Trouble bleeding front brakes
I almost forgot exactly how awesome and helpful you fellas are! I really appreciate all the advice.

I think I will go back to sqaure one and remove and bleed that MC. Then I will put it back together and remove the calipers and hang them up as a few other suggested.

I feel confident now, I was starting to get a little discouraged. Especially since I put a lot of money into the new parts, the wicked bad rotor drilling and slotting, and countless hours polishing back to life and painting a set of old beat up lester rims I got.

I can't wait to get this bike finished and get pictures up. I know you all will enjoy seeing it. I have made a ton of changes since I posted those old gallery pics.

1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2008 05:04 #215493 by baldtire
Replied by baldtire on topic Trouble bleeding front brakes
check the bore diameter of the e-bay one, it may be smaller than the original

More
31 May 2008 22:40 #217051 by brich
Well, I did pretty much everything here you all told me to. I went ahead and bench bled the MC, I installed some speed bleeders, and I positioned the claipers so the bleeder was pointed 90 degress north and beld.

It worked! I got mad pressure now when I pull in he handle. Thanks all!!

- brian

1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

More
01 Jun 2008 10:25 #217121 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Trouble bleeding front brakes
Right ON,Brian!:woohoo:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
02 Jun 2008 12:47 #217446 by Shoey949
Replied by Shoey949 on topic Trouble bleeding front brakes
I'm having similar bleeding issues, what is the process for bench bleeding?

'83 GPz550H2 w/'81 GPz 550D1 engine
Dynojet Stage 3 kit, MAC 4-1, UNI Pods, DYNA coils and plug wires, WG ignition mod

Grand Rapids, MI

More
02 Jun 2008 16:59 #217486 by brich
Well not sure I did it correctly but ..

I disconnected the hose from the MC at the splitter.
Then I opened the top of the MC, held the open end of the hose over it, and just pumped the fluid back into the MC. I did it for a good 5 minutes, but not sure how necessary it was to do it so long.

It is messy. I used lots of towels and Brakleen to avoind getting brak fluid all over the place. Oh, I would release pressure down at the bleeder before your crack that brakeline off at the splitter.

Good luck,

- brian