Rear disc spoked rim question

More
17 May 2008 09:59 #214180 by Aesop
Rear disc spoked rim question was created by Aesop
I am having problems finding a cush drive and axle for a 750B spoked rim w/disc brake. I am converting my 650 but did not get the cush drive with the wheel.

Now I am on Ebay and I dont know what will work, or what it even looks like. Will any 750B cush drive work? Spokes with drum brakes? Mag with disc? Will 900 or 1000 cush drives work? Thanx in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2008 17:40 #214427 by Zedone
Replied by Zedone on topic Rear disc spoked rim question
Hi Aesop, Sourcing parts for hot rodding these old Z1 & KZ's can sometimes be hard at the best of times. I'm not sure with your 750 but I know for a fact that the cush drives between the 73-75 Z1 & 77 KZ1000A1 are different. Even if you can interchange one of them to fit your hub the bearing prolly won't be correct (axle side, ID) but you could prolly source that out at a bearing shop. Also it may change your rear wheel alignment. If you would like diam. & pics of the cush drives I have I can post them for you. Doug

1977 KZ1000A1
1977 KZ1000A1 (Superbike Project)
1969 Chevrolet C/10 Short Fleet

More
18 May 2008 19:09 #214453 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Rear disc spoked rim question
76-79 KZ750B rear wheels are all the same, some had the Dealer Option Morris Mags, but most didn't. I don't know if I have one left or not, I sent two or three of them to the scrapyard in a load of aluminum a couple weeks ago .
Hey! Aluminum's up to $0.85 per pound! And no one ever needs one anyway, at least not till I get rid of them. :D

I'll take a look though, might have missed one.

Got a list of things to look for :blush:

KD9JUR

More
18 May 2008 19:28 #214456 by Aesop
Replied by Aesop on topic Rear disc spoked rim question
Thanx guys, I have a pile of KZ mags. Going to spokes has been a nightmare, but I need the look for this bike. The Diagram would be a huge help, and any parts not yet scrapped would be appreciated! Just PM me. Thanx!

More
21 May 2008 21:16 #215023 by inline4
Replied by inline4 on topic Rear disc spoked rim question
Aesop wrote:

Going to spokes has been a nightmare, quote]

I can relate. I want to use a laced front wheel on my project which has a complete ZX11C front end on it.
Figuring this out should be loads of fun.:blink: