Master Cylinder and a Drag Bar! HELP ME !!!!!

More
15 May 2008 10:44 #213804 by jafilson
I put a new 7/8" Drag bar on my bike and needed a master cylinder anyway, but the original one won't fit due to interference with the top of the fork and wrong angle. I need a different style.
Why is there a difference between a master cylinder for a single cal. and dual cal. setup? All they do is create pressure. Not sure though...
Anybody dealt with this issue? I am sure I can find something on eBay and I wish I had a way to test fit different ones, but I don't.

Any insight here would help, I am getting frustrated with this simple problem! I know that there are remote master cylinders out there but I don't know what will fit.
HELP!!!!!

1981 KZ650H1 MFG 1/81 9966 Miles
Keihin vacuum piston carbs. 4 in 1 exhaust.
Pekin, IL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2008 19:16 #213897 by Dice
I had the same issue on my Z1. I came up with only two affordable options.

1: Change to superbike bars, as they give a little more rise and clear the top of the fork tube, but retain a nice lower profile look.
2: Switch to a different master cylinder with the banjo bolt on the front of the master cylinder.

I chose option 2, went to a ex500 master cylinder. I only use a single disc on my z1, and the factory ex500 did as well so I had no issues.

I believe that there is a difference in the bore of a single to a dual master cylinder. The dual has a larger bore.

Hope this helped.

1975 Z1B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.