need help with rear set pegs

More
09 Apr 2008 17:47 #205292 by badboie
need help with rear set pegs was created by badboie
ok I was wondering were I can find a place that sells rearset foot pegs. Not just the peg but also the bushing too. I need new pegs (heal and toe) because i bought a set of vortex rearsets off ebay and I spare break side rearset off a gsxr because the break side on the vortex was not compleat and it needed the bushing/pegs/break resivor. So I poped on the peg that came off the gsxr onto the vortex and now I have a stock heal peg that looks different to the stock vortex peg which is round. I dont know if I made any sense at all :blink: but I hope one of you guys know what I'm rambling on about and can point me in the right direction. any help is alwas great. thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2008 18:22 #205300 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic need help with rear set pegs
My rearsets and rear pegs are from two different bikes and I switched the front pegs only to match the rears. I had to do a little filing and add a washer I think but it wasn't that hard to get them working and matching. Pick the ones you like best and find some like that on ebay. I hope that's what you mean and you understand what I said.
Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
09 Apr 2008 19:05 #205315 by badboie
Replied by badboie on topic need help with rear set pegs
ok... example. Please note that these are not my rearsets.

the peg on the shifter side looks like so. dont look at the rest of the rearset because these dont look like these at all.

and the peg on the break side looks like so.

I noticed that they both have the same connecting type end only one hase a c-clamp that the peg slips into and the other is just a peg. finding just a peg is no concern to me. what i NEED is a peg that also has the bushing that allows the peg to turn with the shifter arm or break arm. do pegs normaly come with this or is it just a peg that you put the bushing into? maybe im making to much of a big deal about this but its an honest question because I'm lost. oh and I also need toe pegs lol.