Centre stand

More
29 Mar 2008 22:27 - 29 Mar 2008 22:37 #203026 by Ozzyzed
Centre stand was created by Ozzyzed
Hi Guys,
I wish to retain the centre stand on my 77 z1000 but is there a secret to getting the bike on this damn thing. I have tried it on the bike and off but I feel I am missing something?? I can get it on but almost hurt myself doing it
Help would be appreciated.
Cheers Oz:unsure:

Melbourne Australia
1977 z1000A1
'They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes'!
Last edit: 29 Mar 2008 22:37 by Ozzyzed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
29 Mar 2008 22:44 #203027 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Centre stand
While standing at a mostly forward facing angle, place the center portion of your right foot on the stand, your left hand on the left handlebar and your right hand on the grab rail (or frame if grabrail is missing). In one smooth motion, lean slightly forward while keeping your upper body rigid then rock the bike backwards and up onto the center stand. Truly, the only parts of you that should bend are the knees and waist.
Once you've done it a few times it will become really easy, and eventually you'll be doing it without giving it a second thought. ;)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
29 Mar 2008 22:48 #203028 by Ozzyzed
Replied by Ozzyzed on topic Centre stand
Cheers mate, about to give it ago.

Melbourne Australia
1977 z1000A1
'They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes'!

More
29 Mar 2008 22:52 #203030 by Ozzyzed
Replied by Ozzyzed on topic Centre stand
Ahha! That felt great, such a stupid question but also equally stupid looking at me attempting to do it!!
Cheers Oz :woohoo:

Melbourne Australia
1977 z1000A1

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
29 Mar 2008 23:11 #203034 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Centre stand
No worries!:)
Someone gave me those exact same instructions the first time I tried it on my (when I bought it new) '82 KZ305 CSR.

I do notice that some bikes take a little bit more "Umph!" to get them rocked back far enough to go onto the stand than others do.

I got my wife mad at my in trying to show her how to lift her 750 Vulcan - her bike is so light and the stand is positioned so perfectly, that I just lightly placed my left hand on the handlebar and using two fingers on the frame rail put it on the center stand.
After she finally stopped being mad at me, she gave it a go herself and couldn't figure out why it was so hard for her to do it previously.....women! :S :laugh:

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ