750 ltd side covers

More
28 Mar 2008 08:15 #202659 by jrjstuff
750 ltd side covers was created by jrjstuff
I need some new side covers for my 83 kz 750 ltd. I am going to be getting the tank painted by a friend and would like some new covers so they can be painted at the same time and are in good shape from the get go. Where is the best place to look for NEW side covers? I say new because it is just so hard to tell if used ones are in good shape or not. Also I think I would like to install the 650 tail on my bike and eliminate the rear fender. Once again where can I find one? Thanks for all you help, all over this site guys, I truly appreciate it!!

Jeff
83 KZ750 ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2008 08:45 - 04 Dec 2008 05:47 #202666 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 04 Dec 2008 05:47 by JMKZHI.

More
28 Mar 2008 08:55 #202667 by jrjstuff
Replied by jrjstuff on topic 750 ltd side covers
OK now this may sound strange but I am not e-bay savvy at all. Do I have to regester as a customer, I dont know how to use that pay pal thing, seems like you have to aquire some sort of rep in order to buy certain things. Is it easier than I think? I have avoided e-bay in the past because of that.

Jeff
83 KZ750 ltd

More
28 Mar 2008 09:17 #202669 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic 750 ltd side covers
PM sent!

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

More
28 Mar 2008 10:23 #202690 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic 750 ltd side covers
Glad to know I am not the only one lacking web savviness.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

More
28 Mar 2008 13:16 #202735 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic 750 ltd side covers
jrjstuff wrote:

OK now this may sound strange but I am not e-bay savvy at all. Do I have to regester as a customer, I dont know how to use that pay pal thing, seems like you have to aquire some sort of rep in order to buy certain things. Is it easier than I think? I have avoided e-bay in the past because of that.

It's not that hard, just register w/ebay, that allows you to bid. Then register @ paypal. IMO, DO NOT link it to your bank account! If somehow your account is hijacked, it's better to have a credit cards fraud protection, rather than have someone go tiptoe through your bank account.:angry: It's pretty self explanatory.
BTW I have a permanent search running for "KZ750 twin", which seems to picks up most of the stuff I may be interested in. Not sure if you have a 2 or 4cyl, knock the "twin" out and search away:cheer: You'll probably loose a couple of bids or overbid, but it's a learning curve:dry:. You put in your maximum bid and it automatically bids the minimum amount to beat the previous bid, up to your maximum. Watch the shipping charges, sometimes you'll win w/a low bid but the s/h can, sometimes, be excessive. Figure in s/h into the max you want to pay. (max bid + s/h= your max payment) Don't sweat the 0 feedback rating, generally only comes into play w/high $ items. Win 1 and you no longer have 0 f/b.
I'm kinda lucky because I found a great local boneyard, but still need to go to ebay, for some things. Do a local google search for "used motorcycle parts", you might find a local source.
Happy bidding,:) hope you get your parts.

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

More
28 Mar 2008 14:46 #202757 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic 750 ltd side covers
I understand your concern about buying parts in good shape, but if you're going to paint them anyway I wouldn't pay the premium for new. You can get used for 1/2 (or less) that aren't damaged but need paint. The key is to look at the seller's feedback rating (100% is great, but 99.5 or so is still ok depending on the number of sales), look at the actual feedback (click on the number in parens next to the seller's ID) to see what buyers have to say, and stay away from those with poor feedback. Then ask the seller any questions you may have (I ALWAYS do) and see what answers you get. Check out the pictures and description to see if you can deal with any cosmetic issues. You can end up saving a bundle. Here's an example (although I'm not suggesting the quality is satisfactory).

Sample Cover

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
28 Mar 2008 17:20 #202775 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic 750 ltd side covers
I would like to know, are all 750 LTD sidecovers for the fours, do they all have the same mounting pin pattern? The shape of the covers for my 83LTD Shaft is the same as the Spectre 750. But it looks nothing like most other 750 LTD covers I have seen.

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

More
28 Mar 2008 17:34 - 04 Dec 2008 05:48 #202777 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 04 Dec 2008 05:48 by JMKZHI.