• Page:

TOPIC:

chain problem solved... 16 Oct 2005 01:08 #2016

• 72monte
  • 72monte's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hi guys,
as you know i was looking for just a couple links to extend my chain a bit to go on the new motor/frame combo... i solved the problem... while i was unable to locate a few links, i was in a hole in the wall bike shop way out on a country road, and found a piece of 630 o-ring off a bulk roll, that happended to be the EXACT length i need. yes, i got a brand new chain, i asked him how much he wanted out of it... i was told...

"i want $1000, but i'd take $10" we had a good laugh and i took it home, there are still good people in the world (besides the ones on this site)

anyways, if you guys ever need a couple links of 630 o-ring, u2u or email me, i'll be keeping my old chain around just in case... have fun,

brian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

chain problem solved... 16 Oct 2005 18:55 #2194

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 175
...just make sure you use the same make chain and master link - each manufacturer uses slightly different specs for the chain - the pitch is the same, but the total width of the link and the diameter of the link pins can vary.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

chain problem solved... 16 Oct 2005 21:16 #2252

• 72monte
  • 72monte's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks jeff. i'm not sure if theyre the same brand, in fact i doubt they are, but they appear to be the same width. either way it went together without any problems.

brian

• Page: