Swing arm swap on kz750h

More
25 Jan 2008 09:16 #190988 by jrjstuff
Swing arm swap on kz750h was created by jrjstuff
First off love all the input everyone has its great, thank you! I have a 82 kz750h and it is the first kz that I have owned that has that dinky little rear wheel. Is it possible, difficult, logical to change that swing arm so I can put the larger size wheel in the rear? Keep in mind I am just a at home garage mechanic with no welder, so the easier the better if it is possible at all! Thanks in advance!

Post edited by: jrjstuff, at: 2008/01/25 12:17

Jeff
83 KZ750 ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
More
25 Jan 2008 10:47 #191003 by Shoe48
Replied by Shoe48 on topic Swing arm swap on kz750h
There is alot of stuff on this in the Archives ,, You can also see what I did in Cafe Shoe ..projects section ,, It can be easy but you may need to get spacers made ? The GS1100E swing arm is one inch wider so it is possible ,I have pics of this in Cafe Shoe , You will need to do some research and your homework ,, Drum Brakes , disc brakes ,, how wide ? what size rim ? it all makes changing over different ,, Post lots of pictures when you do start on this :)

More
25 Jan 2008 11:05 #191007 by jcote75
Replied by jcote75 on topic Swing arm swap on kz750h
Hi,

Don't know for a Kz750 but I was planing using a gsx swing arm and wheel for my KZ1000j. Plan have change and I will be letting it go so will be for sale.

I can take some picture if interested.

Joce