Clubman bars and lowering front

• love2ride
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Ngati Tumatauenga
More
05 Jan 2008 21:59 #187884 by love2ride
Clubman bars and lowering front was created by love2ride
I am thinking about getting clubmans and lowering the front an inch or so.

Will I be able to lower that much with bars? Doesnt seem to be that much room to lower it at least one inch. Of course clipons will allow more lowering but sacrifice fender hitting the headers.

I have a set of Sportster shcks that are 11.5" coming. About two inch drop in the rear.

Newport News, Va
2006 Ninja 250 - Commuter
1978 KZ1000 - Not even close to stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2008 08:26 #188261 by trippivot
Replied by trippivot on topic Clubman bars and lowering front
if you are just sliding the tubes up in the trees the bars could be a limiting factor. (changes trail length and rake angle)

I'd space the inner dampening rod up/in the outer slider 1 or 2 inches depending on rear lowering.
and put extra pre load on the fork spring

!!presto!!
proper lowering technique for the front end

even lowering front and rear will assure the rake and trail values stay neutral as stock.

More
08 Jan 2008 09:24 #188268 by apeman
Replied by apeman on topic Clubman bars and lowering front
trippivot wrote:

I'd space the inner dampening rod up/in the outer slider 1 or 2 inches depending on rear lowering.
and put extra pre load on the fork spring

Not to steal the thread, but I am considering this for my 2nd KZ, and am curious what the other KZriders say as to how long the spacer should be. At the least I presume the two sides should match closely. I do not want to stiffen the front end to the point where it stops providing proper spring action.

//

Petaluma and Truckee, CA -- member since Jan. 23, 2003;
PREVIOUS KZs: 1980 KZ750H with 108,000 miles; 1980 KZ750E with 28,000 miles; and KZ750H street/cafe project, all sold a few years back.

This is what I do for fun, not for work. It is art, with a little engineering thrown in.

More
06 Feb 2008 11:01 #193129 by cafekz750
Replied by cafekz750 on topic Clubman bars and lowering front
Anybody try this?

1981 KZ750H2 - V&H 4-1 pipe, pods, jetted, clubmans, homebrew rearsets, 18" rear wheel and more.
Parting out a 1982 KZ750H3 to fund future projects
2 other non-Kawasaki motorcycles