Kz400 front whell drum brakes spacers

More
03 Jan 2008 15:55 #187543 by kz400spain
Kz400 front whell drum brakes spacers was created by kz400spain
Hi from spain, Happy new KZYear...and thanks for let me use this superB forum.
I have got some bikes on my garden,(Triumph, DR800 (x2)till eight bikes :-)
but i am in love of this last one Kz400. There are very few in spain, due to in those years import was closed,only national products (sanglas, MontesaBultaco...)...is the history.

Now, i have got a kz400, Frame is from 1977 model D (#k45190086) but engine is 1975....(second engine on same frame?).

Anyway i am fitting a Front Brake Drum whell, but have a PROBLEM: need the spacers or separators from forks to hub,mounted on axle, .

I hope somebody can give me SIZES, left /rigt spacers for make it by myself or look for them on ebay.Greenridgebiker send me an email, :
-"...I still have the axle so I know the diameter. If I can't find them I can make you a set on my lathe if you know the dimensions.
Thanks,
David.-"

Then if you have a KZ400 with Front Drum Brake, please...stand up! and size the spacers

Thanks a lot

Waitting for your news.
Paco
Spain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
More
04 Jan 2008 05:10 #187608 by Biquetoast
Replied by Biquetoast on topic Kz400 front whell drum brakes spacers
Welcome!

Two things:

1.) Ibsen (sometimes visits here, but runs the kz400.com forum) has a drum brake front wheel (he has an "S" model)...

2.) Judging by the number 5 as the third character in the VIN, your bike is American made at the Kawasaki plant in... I think it was Nebraska...

(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.