I have had enough!!! brakes.

More
22 Dec 2007 01:56 #186024 by Jay_G
I have had enough!!! brakes. was created by Jay_G
Well i am officially ready to crack the shits.

Had issues with bleeding the front brakes on my GT750 (KZ750-P1) with ZZR front master cyl(same 5/8 bore), i had pulled the front master apart as it was full of sludge when i bought it from e-bay so it got cleaned out and the seals looked good, I even put a bolt in the cyl with no hoses and pressurised it and it was as solid as a rock. put fresh seals in the factory calipers and gave the bores and pistons a light hit with some fine wet and dry.
assembled with original hoses bled them till the cows came home and even hung the calipers off the shed roller door. trying to get the air out(even though none visibly came out.)also had used a vacuum pump from work to bleed them.

So put it down to the lines being old and unassembled for quite a number of years.

today spent $270 AUD on getting 4 approved braided lines made up and installed them, same problem but a little firmer lever but still comes into the bar, i even used a vacuum(my mouth and 2 metres of hose) to bleed the brakes. all brand new copper washers on the unions too.

slides on the callipers are freshly greased and brand new pads, piston will pump the pads closed when not on the calliper so there isn't any stiction.

i am thinking there may be a possibility that the master is having issues halfway through its travel, causing pressure to bleed off.

sooo, how do i size up radial master cylinders, sort this out properly.
thinking US ebay might be the go.

Any other thoughts on my problems?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2007 05:24 #186027 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic I have had enough!!! brakes.
you didnt put a new rebuild kit in the master cyl? I think that may be the problem, also bleading the front brkes is a real pain in the butt, sometimes air gets trapped in the Ts and fittings, a friends xs1100, we worked on them for a week until we too every thing loose and tapped it while working the master cyl, it finally got all the air out

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.