need swingarm help

More
05 Dec 2007 09:34 #183828 by genesis
need swingarm help was created by genesis
I just got a Swingarm license plate bracket for my 650. This one as a matter of fact
www.powerstands.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DI...ctGroup_ID=9&CatID=1
It says i need to take the bolt off the swingarm put this back on, and then put the bolt back on.
I want to put it on the right side, as I think it will rub on the chain guard on the left.
My problem is I can't figure out how to get the bolt off, and I can't find my shop manual.
Can anyone offer any help? It seems pretty easy, I'm just not seeing what the solution is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2007 10:41 #183840 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic need swingarm help
the way it looks to me is you remove the cotter pin and loosten the axel nut, install the bracket and tighten the nut back down, put a new cotter key in, and go.
Texas requires a light on the plate for night riding, not sure about where you are at

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
05 Dec 2007 11:40 #183858 by RollingStock
Replied by RollingStock on topic need swingarm help
BSKZ650 wrote:

the way it looks to me is you remove the cotter pin and loosten the axel nut, install the bracket and tighten the nut back down, put a new cotter key in, and go.
Texas requires a light on the plate for night riding, not sure about where you are at

i think every state does... but unless the cop is a super asshole they wont mess with u...

on another note if u live in FL with a sportbike they will

73 z1900 street nitrous drag bike(powered but honda)
83 kz750 turbo street fighter project

More
05 Dec 2007 11:58 #183865 by genesis
Replied by genesis on topic need swingarm help
that makes sense. I think the shop that changed the tire last mangled the cotter pin, and now it's just a tangle of metal. I thought it looked a little weird, and now don't feel as bad, because that's what i tried doing but couldn't get it. Guess I'll try again tonight.

Also, I don't know about the light on the license thing, but my light has been out since I bought it. Apparently it's not that big a deal around these parts;)

More
05 Dec 2007 14:11 #183883 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic need swingarm help
if your light has been out then you dont have a runnig or poss a brake light either, they are the same

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
05 Dec 2007 14:57 #183892 by genesis
Replied by genesis on topic need swingarm help
I definitely have both. I guess I just haven't been paying attention to the plate light. It sure doesn't seem bright enough to make a difference. Just one more thing I've learned about this bike