Tire Question - Sakura?

More
28 Oct 2007 06:59 #178479 by HerrDeacon
Tire Question - Sakura? was created by HerrDeacon
Hi, I recently bought a 1978 KZ650 and the PO had put new tires on the bike, they are Sakura Street Shark's. Anyone ever hear anything about these? I Googled them and couldn't find anything about them, good or bad, nothing. I'm thinking that they are pretty cheap tires that the PO just put on to sell the bike. Anyone know anything about them?

If I am to replace them, what can I expect to pay for a decent set? What are some good brands? Sorry, but I'm new to the bike scene.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2007 07:42 #178494 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Tire Question - Sakura?
Google this:

"Street Shark" tires

and get over 1000 hits. :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
28 Oct 2007 08:33 #178503 by HerrDeacon
Replied by HerrDeacon on topic Tire Question - Sakura?
Thanks Patton, looks like I need some serious Google training :P Seems that GBC must be another name for the Sakura brand. I'll go through the hits and see how they rate.

Thanks.

More
28 Oct 2007 09:57 #178521 by phonex98
Replied by phonex98 on topic Tire Question - Sakura?
hey herr

I have the street shark as im building a KZ250 on a budget. For the 250 they are a decent tire. I don't trust them none too much in the rain, but they have decent grip, and preform much better than the stock tires that i had on before :P. Maybe try riding on them a bit and see how they feel ? From what a read they are a decent 'discount' tire. Although i suspect the other members here will tell you 'the tire is the only thing between you and the pavement'.

More
28 Oct 2007 15:07 #178545 by HerrDeacon
Replied by HerrDeacon on topic Tire Question - Sakura?
Thanks phonex98, I wasn't able to try them out after I bought the bike because I don't have my licence. The bike is not in a million pieces as I'm cleaning it up. I'll see what they are like in the spring. I won't be going crazy on them anyway, especially where I'll be a new rider, so I'm hoping they will be fine for me. I'll be staying clear of the rain until I'm more experienced :P

Thanks