Alternatives for centerstand stop for V & H 4-1?

More
13 Jan 2006 07:42 #17693 by ewc
Curious to know if anyone has come up with an alternative centerstand stop for a bike with the Vance & Hines 4-1. I do not have any issues with the "performance" of the flat bar V & H supplies...it just looks bad to me. I have dome some thinking about moving it to the other side so it is partially hidden by the pipe but on that side you don't have the "lever" part of the centerstand which normally hits the stop. I have also shortening the stop and placing it right under the oil pan, but short of welding it to a part of the frame (prefer "bolt on" method) I cannot see how to make it work.

Ideas are appreciated.

Thanks, Ethan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
13 Jan 2006 08:54 #17705 by wireman
what kind of bike is it?i allways ditch the center stand it one of the first things to go,but you can allways keep it in the corner and install it when needed!goodluck,happy wrenching!

More
13 Jan 2006 10:35 #17720 by ewc
Wireman - It's a '77 1000. I know I can ditch it, I just prefer not too for various reasons. I figure though that with the popularity of the V & H and there probably being some others who don't like the look of the stop provided that they may have figured out something new.

Thanks for the thoughts!