brake & shifter relocation

More
12 Jan 2006 22:50 #17633 by johnny chop
brake & shifter relocation was created by johnny chop
JUST FOUND THIS SIGHT AND WAS SURFING THRU IT.....
ALOT OF INFO HERE BUT COULDN'T FIND THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION SO HERE GOES........
JUST PURCHASED A 78 KZ 75O & I'D LIKE TO GIVE IT THE CAFE RACER LOOK.SO I'VE LOCATED A FAIRING,GOT A GUY YOU'LL MAKE A SEAT,WILL PROBABLY GO WITH A SET OF CLUBMANS.NOW I NEED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO RELOCATE THE BRAKE & SHIFTER PEGS TO THE REAR. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT! THANKS IN ADVANCE....JC

Post edited by: johnny chop, at: 2006/01/13 01:51

Post edited by: johnny chop, at: 2006/01/14 02:07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2006 04:59 #17667 by steell
Replied by steell on topic BRAKE & SHIFTER RELOCATION
Adapt a set of rearset footpeg assemblies off a sportbike. It involves welding some mounting points onto the frame tubes.
83-85 GPz750 rearsets work pretty well, just have to make a mounting plate to weld to the backside of the frame tubes, and the angle and position work pretty good. :)

KD9JUR

More
13 Jan 2006 07:42 #17692 by ejshotgun
Replied by ejshotgun on topic BRAKE & SHIFTER RELOCATION
Welcome to the site, Johnny.
We need pics man!!B)

Check out this Link

Eric

More
13 Jan 2006 07:49 #17694 by Tower_Monkey1
Replied by Tower_Monkey1 on topic BRAKE & SHIFTER RELOCATION
Johnny, check out the post about the GS swingarm on KZ and you will find a post by baldy110 with pic's from his bike for some ideas. Its in the chassis section.... Wayne

78 KZ650C2 Dyna ignition and coils,Pod filters,4-1 Kerker,CBR Tail Light,Drilled front dics,Custom front fender,1/4 fairing.

More
13 Jan 2006 08:44 #17703 by dutchz
Replied by dutchz on topic BRAKE & SHIFTER RELOCATION
Hey Johnny, you can either buy some Tarozzi or Raask rearsets if you're willing to spend $200-300 or fabricate something yourself. It can involve welding new mounting points but you can get decent results just swithcing the pegs left/right and flipping them upside down. This is what I did, and the only welding required was shortening the brake lever. I used a Katana shift lever and some misc bits from unknown bikes to rig up a shift linkage and some alloy sport bike pegs.
Here's a useful thread, and follow the link in the third (?) post to guitargeeks homemade setup kzrider.com/component/option,com_joomlab...atid,5/id,6901/#6901

1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

More
13 Jan 2006 09:08 #17708 by johnny chop
Replied by johnny chop on topic BRAKE & SHIFTER RELOCATION
I'll get them here soon ..Thanks for the link

More
13 Jan 2006 09:15 #17712 by johnny chop
dutchz wrote:

Hey Johnny, you can either buy some Tarozzi or Raask rearsets if you're willing to spend $200-300 or fabricate something yourself. It can involve welding new mounting points but you can get decent results just swithcing the pegs left/right and flipping them upside down. This is what I did, and the only welding required was shortening the brake lever. I used a Katana shift lever and some misc bits from unknown bikes to rig up a shift linkage and some alloy sport bike pegs.
Here's a useful thread, and follow the link in the third (?) post to guitargeeks homemade setup kzrider.com/component/option,com_joomlab...atid,5/id,6901/#6901

Gotta check that out....Thanks for the input!

More
13 Jan 2006 09:16 #17713 by johnny chop
steell wrote:

Adapt a set of rearset footpeg assemblies off a sportbike. It involves welding some mounting points onto the frame tubes.
83-85 GPz750 rearsets work pretty well, just have to make a mounting plate to weld to the backside of the frame tubes, and the angle and position work pretty good. :)

OK..just gotta find this stuff.....Any leads??

Post edited by: johnny chop, at: 2006/01/13 12:36

More
13 Jan 2006 09:19 #17714 by johnny chop
Tower_Monkey1 wrote:

Johnny, check out the post about the GS swingarm on KZ and you will find a post by baldy110 with pic's from his bike for some ideas. Its in the chassis section.... Wayne

Will do...Thanks..Just gotta get this stuff now......
Anyone ?????