rear brake pulsating

More
05 Oct 2007 13:51 #174755 by wiley90
rear brake pulsating was created by wiley90
I had some spokes that were loose on my 76 kz900 so i went around and tightend them and i may have gone too far. Now i have my rear brake pedal pulsating so i tryied readjusting my spokes. Is it possible i have bent the rear hub? The bike rides just fine but, the rear brake pulsates when applied. Any help would be appretiated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2007 14:20 #174764 by violentvintagecycles
Replied by violentvintagecycles on topic rear brake pulsating
The spokes are used to "true" the rim, or keep it straight. If you tightened a few without going over all of them on a trueing wheel, then you bent the rim a little out of whack. No big deal, but you should take it to a shop or someone that knows how to do it. Its tedious and not that easy (for me anyway)

More
05 Oct 2007 17:54 #174811 by infinitexsound
Replied by infinitexsound on topic rear brake pulsating
i could be wrong, but a pulsating brake pedal usually deals with warped rotors..... you might want to get those rims true'd since they came loose.. like violentvintagecycles said.

More
05 Oct 2007 17:54 #174812 by infinitexsound
i could be wrong, but a pulsating brake pedal usually deals with warped rotors..... you might want to get those rims true'd since they came loose.. like violentvintagecycles said.

More
05 Oct 2007 17:55 #174813 by infinitexsound

More
05 Oct 2007 18:04 #174815 by infinitexsound

More
05 Oct 2007 18:04 #174816 by infinitexsound

More
06 Oct 2007 05:13 #174867 by wiley90
Replied by wiley90 on topic rear brake pulsating
I was wondering if i could have pulled the drum out of round by tightening some spokes too tight?

More
06 Oct 2007 07:05 #174874 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic rear brake pulsating
I'm wondering when infinitexsound will stop hitting the "back" button on his browser when he posts! :laugh:

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

More
06 Oct 2007 07:10 #174876 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic rear brake pulsating
wiley90 wrote:

I was wondering if i could have pulled the drum out of round by tightening some spokes too tight?

Yeah sounds like it, but I can't imagine pulling a cast aluminum drum out of round with spokes....I guess it can happen. One would then think the rim would be
    very
out of round... See if you can clamp a pointer or rod on the bike near the rim. Set the pointer as close to the rim and spin the wheel. Look at the gap between the wheel and pointer.

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles