*wtb* swingarm

More
03 Oct 2007 17:22 #174428 by badboie
*wtb* swingarm was created by badboie
ebay isn't being nice to me. I was just wondering if one of you had a compleat swingarm (i.e. swingarm, rim, tires, breaks, breaklines...) I'm looking to put a more modern swingarm on my KZ750. While looking on ebay for a compleat rear end I came up with nothing. Maybe I'm looking wrong, I'm a new bidder and don't know much... in the words of carlos mancia i'm "der der der, reeetarded." so if anyone has something, please show a brother some love yo!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2007 17:57 #174432 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic *wtb* swingarm
its hard to find good swingarms on ebay, i just happend to luck out and find one on the day i got my paycheck.

sucks though, i beat another kzrider member to the punch.:whistle:

try your local wrecking yard, it should cost the same since the shipping chages would have been pretty high

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

More
03 Oct 2007 19:02 #174442 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic *wtb* swingarm
seems like they are getting harder to come by.
are you looking for stock or an extended?
an 1000 will fit with little mods to it.
but if your looking for a nice extended one cheap,
i am still looking also.
hope i don't outbid you on one if it comes up.
but if you just need a stock one or a 1000 setup, shoot me a pm.

Post edited by: kawsakiman, at: 2007/10/03 22:03

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
03 Oct 2007 19:19 #174446 by badboie
Replied by badboie on topic *wtb* swingarm
well I'm looking to put a wider tire on it. I wouldn't mind going to a 140 or maybe even a 160 tire. will I be able to put one of thoes on with a 1000 swingarm?

More
03 Oct 2007 20:47 #174467 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic *wtb* swingarm
On a stock 1000 swingarm...with the right tire, you might be able to make a 140mm work. Different tires have different profiles so some are narrower than others although they may all be 140mm. A 130 will fit nicely though. A 160mm won't work...just too big for a stock swingarm. Some have used a 140mm, but those I know about ran into chain/tire clearance problems. Some ground down the edge of the tire tread with a file to make it fit. Best to just go with the 130mm tire on a wm-6 rim(3.5" wide). Will be very hard to find a complete set-up. Those that are selling them part them out seperately. You will just have to figure out what you want and start collecting parts, unless you happen across someone going bigger at the right time and can get his whole set-up, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Just go to E-Bay and type in kz1000 or kz 1000(NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE?) or such on whatever bike you want the parts off of. Be specific what you type in.

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

More
06 Oct 2007 21:31 #174993 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic *wtb* swingarm
do a search on here for the ever popular gs1100 aluminum swingarm swap i think you can fit a 160 in one of those with the right rim and offset sprocket

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH