Stupid? Shock Question

More
24 Sep 2007 20:50 #172681 by don_belt440
Stupid? Shock Question was created by don_belt440
So I bought a KZ440 over the summer as my first street legal bike ever. So far I love it, besides the time when I over filled my gas tank then parked it on my side stand...still amazes me at how great of a stripper gasoline is. Anyways my question to you is are the rear shocsk adjustable? If they are what type of settings do they have?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2007 03:24 #172698 by Samwell
Replied by Samwell on topic Stupid? Shock Question
don_belt440 wrote:

So I bought a KZ440 over the summer as my first street legal bike ever. So far I love it, besides the time when I over filled my gas tank then parked it on my side stand...still amazes me at how great of a stripper gasoline is. Anyways my question to you is are the rear shocsk adjustable? If they are what type of settings do they have?

Provided that the shocks are still the original equipment, then they're usually only adjustable for spring pre-load if anything. This normally requires a special wrench to turn the adjuster. Your owners manual(if one came with the bike) will explain.

If indeed the shocks are original and therefore ~25 years old, it'll be worth the cash to find an aftermarket pair. Even a cheap pair will work better than your old ones. By cheap I mean in the $75 range.

Sam

--
Current Rides: 2013 BMW R1200GSW, 1972 BMW R75/5
Current Project: 1978 KZ1000A2: Supercrank'd by Falicon, APE studs and nuts, Dyna Green coils, powder coated frame and fenders, Stainless brake lines, dual front discs, pods, Kerker Exhaust, 1075cc with JE pistons

More
25 Sep 2007 05:32 - 03 Dec 2008 07:58 #172714 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 03 Dec 2008 07:58 by JMKZHI.