Trellis KZ swingarms for 160+ tires... any interest?

More
18 Sep 2007 05:49 #171289 by caffcruiser
(This is NOT an advert, simply research!!!)

I was thinking of building a jig for these and making them to sell. They would utilize a stock KZ pivot shaft, so they would bolt right into our frames. The axle plates could be machined for KZ axles, or any axle of the customers choosing really.

Ducati does a lot of trellis work and it really is great. Lightweight, strong and rigid.

The arms would come raw for customers to paint, or I could get them powdercoated too.

Single shock AND dual shock setups would be an option.

I'm just wondering if there would be a market for this kind of thing enough to make it worthwhile?

Any suggestions?

(PLEASE disregard the low quality of that image... it was a photoshop I did at like 3 a.m. so I could have something to work from. Either way I'm building one for my own bike.)

Post edited by: caffcruiser, at: 2007/09/18 08:50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2007 05:56 #171291 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic Trellis KZ swingarms for 160+ tires... any interest?
That looks cool! The only thing you need to watch for is where the chain goes through.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
18 Sep 2007 06:08 #171295 by caffcruiser
donthekawguy wrote:

That looks cool! The only thing you need to watch for is where the chain goes through.

Whole front side is open on this design, aside from the dead center. There's more problems than one can fathom if the chain comes through there though! :silly: :woohoo:

More
18 Sep 2007 08:53 #171321 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic Trellis KZ swingarms for 160+ tires... any interest?
Might look cooler upside down. Be easier to use dual shocks when the bracing isn't in the way. ;)

Looks good though.

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax
Attachments:

More
18 Sep 2007 09:55 #171334 by caffcruiser
Could be an option.

With a slim set of shocks, like some of the progressive shocks, it wouldn't be mandatory for the arm to be inverted though.

That's the beauty of this though.... if someone WANTED one inverted it could be built for that and it wouldn't cost any more. :)

More
25 Sep 2007 22:51 #172891 by badboie
how much would a swingarm like this cost to be built? I have been looking for a swingarm and I've been thinking about just getting one made.