MC reservoir screws

More
13 Sep 2007 16:37 #170405 by rckz
MC reservoir screws was created by rckz
Anybody know where I can find some countersunk screws for my master cylinder reservoir, perhaps with allen heads? Mine are toast and will have to be drilled/easyout-ed out. Whose idea was it to put phillips heads on everything? Sheesh.

Also, front brakes work (sort of) on first application, but the lever slowly goes all the way to the handlebar. I assume I am in need of a master cylinder rebuild kit?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2007 16:43 #170406 by The Milkman
Replied by The Milkman on topic MC reservoir screws
Check you local hardware store,, a lot of them have a small item area,, usually by midwest. I know we have then at our hardware with allen heads and counter sunk if the are the same size as my 650.
And as far as your MC, this is one time "assuming" didn't make an ass of you and me,,, sounds like your cups are worn and letting fluid slowly leak past. Usually, if you keep a lot of pressure on the lever they balloon out and don't leak.
The problem is when you come to a ssssslllllloooooowwwww stop and lose the brake completely
Ride safe

Post edited by: The Milkman, at: 2007/09/13 20:46

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.