My Wicked Bad New Rotors

More
04 Sep 2007 19:01 #168579 by brich
My Wicked Bad New Rotors was created by brich
Just got my rotors back from my buddies mchine shop. I had him drill them and slot them off a picture I bought him. He did it on the computer and CNC machine. I think they came out frikken awesome!! He did two but they are pretty much exactly the same so here is a pic of one of them.

1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
04 Sep 2007 19:14 #168582 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic My Wicked Bad New Rotors
Niiiiiiiiiiice! B)
It looks like a more modern styled rotor now.

I wish I knew someone near me with a CNC machine that I could bribe with a 12-pack (AFTER he's done of course) to do the same to my rotors.

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
04 Sep 2007 19:50 #168592 by brich
Replied by brich on topic My Wicked Bad New Rotors
Well he isn't that much of a buddy. It cost me a lot more then a 12 pack. I should say I used to work for him when i was 17 (bout 16 years ago), but I always kept in touch once a year for something or other. I got a decent price, but he did charge me for his time setting it up on the machines. Which I expected of course. I am not sure I would be doing freebies for people who only called me when they needed something! :P :laugh:

He will probably do them cheaper then he charged me now since he has the pattern all done. If your interested I can put you in touch. Not sure what he will charge, but I can call and ask him.

1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

More
04 Sep 2007 20:56 #168606 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic My Wicked Bad New Rotors
Wowzers...very impressive!:ohmy:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
06 Sep 2007 10:12 #168967 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic My Wicked Bad New Rotors
That is truly wicked bad! B)

More
06 Sep 2007 16:06 #169046 by SLEEPER650
Replied by SLEEPER650 on topic My Wicked Bad New Rotors
THOSE ARE SWEET! SO HOW MUCH FOR YOUR FELLOW Z-RIDERS

78 650sr my baby
78 650sr waiting for rebuild
82 kz1100

More
06 Sep 2007 17:06 #169051 by brich
Replied by brich on topic My Wicked Bad New Rotors
I just talked to him yesterday and he told me he will do them for $75 a rotor. :laugh: That is cheaper then he charged me cause he has the pattern now and can just put them in the machine. I basically paid all the setup fees .. told u he wasn't that much of a buddy. I should just say he was a guy i used to work for!! :P

He is a machinist not a motorcycle guy so .. he did both of my rotors in the same direction. I didn't think to tell him, so no big deal. Basically that means the pattern flow is opposite in each direction on the hub. It don't matter to me really cause they look wicked going in either direction. However, if you want them both to flow in the same direction on the bike, tell him to flip the pattern for the other rotor. I still didn't mention it to him cause it's too late now.

I assume rotor sizes are different .. I have Z1 rotors (size ??), tell him if yours are a different size so he knows he may need to adjust the pattern on the machine.

Also, he did these pretty fast for me, but some other things he did for me he took forever. Probably cause i said something stupid like "I'm in no rush". Just wanted to let you know in case he takes longer then expected.

He is a great guy though, not shady, a standup cat. The only reason I mention the above is I don't want anyone yelling at me if he has your rotors longer then he said he might or if I didn't mention the cut direction and you got them and were pissed.

Here is his info:
Lenny Sweet
L.S. Tool & Precision Inc.
1113 Manor Blvd
Piscaaway NJ 08854
732-648-3716
LSTool1@aol.com