KZ750 n2 Master Cylinder screws

• Hunger Artist
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 Aug 2007 15:44 #165918 by Hunger Artist
KZ750 n2 Master Cylinder screws was created by Hunger Artist
Hi, I am new to the forum, but hope to make a new and prolific career of annoying questions for everyone to gape at. I own an '83 KZ750 Spectre and I was was trying to bleed the brakes. However, when I tried to remove the cover for the front master cylinder I found that my screws were stripped and I had to destroy them to get them out. It took forever. So here's my first question: Does anyone know what size screws I need to get to replace them with? I can pick up something from Home Depot, right? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
23 Aug 2007 16:52 #165932 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic KZ750 n2 Master Cylinder screws
Welcome to KZr Hunger Artist.

In case you're unaware of it, Kawasaki Motors has it's own website with diagrams and parts listing for just about every bike thye've ever made... Kawasaki Parts Diagrams .
Just use the prompt buttons to search for your bikes year and model, then scan through the diagrams and parts listings to find what you need.
Simple stuff, and they even have a cross-refernce feature to allow you to find what other bikes might use a particular part your bike needs, which greatly aids in locating a replacement. B)

I'll start you off though.
The screws you need are Kawi part# 92001-1055.
Unfortunately no mention as to their actual size, but just about any hardware store can match them up (in metric of course) with other countersunk screws.
For that matter you could even swap to countersunk Allen Head screws, which won't strip out as easily the next time you need to remove them. ;)

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/08/23 19:53

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.