lowering

More
21 Aug 2007 14:33 #165446 by udder
lowering was created by udder
im wanting to get shocks that will let the rear end of my bike down a lil bit. i currently have the stock shocks that are 13.5 inches eye to eye. i was wondering if anyone has done the same thing and how they liked it. ive looked at fleabay but to no avail cant seem to find anything shorter thats in a decent price range. this is for a 78 1000 by the way. gringo seems to like the 500 vulcan shocks but would that get me down any?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2007 14:52 #165452 by 76 LTD
Replied by 76 LTD on topic lowering
Honda VT 750 shadow 11.5 inches. you need to get them from a bike approx. same size and weight so the spring rates will be similar

More
21 Aug 2007 16:43 #165470 by udder
Replied by udder on topic lowering
did u do it to yours? and did u like it?

More
21 Aug 2007 17:21 #165480 by michikawi
Replied by michikawi on topic lowering
Couple of years ago I picked up a pair of Harley shocks at a swap meet. I was told they were off a "Hugger" whatever that is. Anyway they were 11 1/2" shocks. I had to grind some off the eyes to make them fit and swap out the rubber pieces, but I think the bike handles better and rides better. Also had to cut off the side stand and reweld it since it was then too long. Took about 1 1/4" out of it. I dropped the front end by sliding the fork legs up about and inch so your stand measurements may differ. Only problem I have is that I have to keep the shocks on the highest setting or they wil drag the fender on a bump. I would say 12" or 12 1/2 Inc would be perfect. Some of the earlier KZ's had a shorter sidestand with a more forward position. Should work if you can find one.