78 ltd center stand

More
16 Aug 2007 18:26 #164329 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 78 ltd center stand
udder wrote:

well i got one ande it bolts up fine. buttttttt i need a spring for it. any ideas??? since the parts diagram for the b2 shows no spring will another years spring be the same im assuming. looks as though itll clear the headder which is a biggggggg plus and i have vanceand hines 4-1 pipes. where is the problem with those so i dont overlook it and what types of hines pipes have the issues clearing????

The biggest problem is hitting the CHAIN when retracted (not hitting the pipe). Without a substantial well designed "stop" for the retracted stand to rest against, the spring just pulls the stand right on up against and into the chain.

Should be cautious about this aspect, and not push off the center stand from the seated position and roar away without noticing it being in contact with the chain. :ohmy:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2007 18:32 #164331 by udder
Replied by udder on topic 78 ltd center stand
anyone have pics of thiers? what makes id diff from other models that do have the center stand? im sure i can fab someting up just looking for an idea.

More
16 Aug 2007 19:15 #164342 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic 78 ltd center stand
I don't know if you can see this but the re is a "L" piece of metal bolted to the rear foot peg to hold the stand off the chain. There is some other post about this subject. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000
Attachments:

More
19 Aug 2007 17:55 #164946 by 76 LTD
Replied by 76 LTD on topic 78 ltd center stand
Its true the 76 900 LTD did not come with centerstand.let me dig thru my shop i think i have one if i do you can have it for the shipping cost.its from a 77 1000

More
20 Aug 2007 17:51 #165262 by udder
Replied by udder on topic 78 ltd center stand
i appreciate the offer but i needed one of those new z1 enterprises stickers so i ordered a new spring. thanks again for the offer though.