• newbikekiller
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
22 Jul 2007 14:24 #158695 by newbikekiller
A comment on the D404's tire was created by newbikekiller
I rescind some of my earlier comments regarding the Dunlop D404 tire -
A report on the D404's after about 1500 miles of riding :

First gear, 5K RPMs, whack throttle open for wheelie on dry, good pavement, tire SPINS! Very unnerving.

The tire is a lot better than the Chi-Max ching shens I had on there -- But in general I think you get what you pay for.

Basically, don't use these tires if your a performance nut like me.

However, after 1500 miles I don't see any noticable wear on the tire. If you are easy on your bike and use it mostly for cruising I would recommend this tire.

Just putting this out there since there are so many threads dedicated to the 404.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
22 Jul 2007 15:01 #158703 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic A comment on the D404's tire
While I wouldn't run the 404's on my 650 because I tend to push it's handling a wee bit :whistle: and need every bit of traction I can get, I've been running them on my ZN700 (cruiser type bike) and am happy with them, especially considering how inexpensive they are.

No truely noticeable wear after 2K+ miles, and they even handle some of the milder twisties where I leave the v-twin riders in our group sucking exhaust fumes - my ZN has waaaaaay more ground clearance then their "speed bump" draggers, which gives me ample time to pull over and have a cig while waiting for them to play catch-up. :laugh:

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/07/22 18:02

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.