Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

My new exhaust bracket 03 Jan 2006 15:31 #15857

• elseed
  • elseed's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Lest you think I have been spending my time sitting around on the couch, drinking beer, watching excessive college football, eating yet AGAIN... I present evidence to the contrary. Created in just a few hours today, I am tentatively titling the piece "Bent Metal with Holes, No. 6".

Derived from an earlier (some might say deeply flawed) exhaust bracket design, I instead sought inspiration in the asphalt gouges running so vividly down my Kerker can. This re-interpretation of the original does away with the combined exhaust clamp/mounting point effort, visually separating the two functional issues. Entirely self trained, I like to think I could give the Teutels a run for their money in certain areas (note Mikey's bike in the background :P ).

Does "Art of the Vise Grip" sound too pretentious for the travelling show?

Techniques applied:
- Bench vise ball peening, applied bending techniques
- Drill pressery (sp?) at measured locations
- Grinding/filery
- Aluminum gouging/buffing/Mother's polishing

Thanks for looking. Happy New Year.

Post edited by: elseed, at: 2006/01/03 18:33
'75 Z1B with mods

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My new exhaust bracket 03 Jan 2006 15:37 #15858

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
My exhaust is in need of a similar item. Do these come in a 90 degree bend? Not sure if this is within your skills. Some people can spend their whole lives, or at least 15 min, and never create a perfect 90 degree bend.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: