TM 125 fork tubes to lengthen KZ750 r1

More
18 Jul 2007 08:45 #157731 by idkrash
I read on the Choppers Australia site about using dirt bike forks to extend street bike forks. They mentioned using the TM125 for GPz750, but didn't specify the year.

I've got a 1982 GPz 750 that I want to do this to, (cuz I'm messed up probably a childhood trauma that I've repressed).

My fork tubes are supposed to be 37 mm. I haven't measured them yet. The only references I can find on TM 125 indicate that they have 36 mm tubes. Does anyone know which dirt bikes used 37 mm tubes?

Here are their recommendations for using these tubes.

Diameter is the same mix & match. Use the street lowers, springs & damper rods. Use the trail bike tubes & cap. Measure the difference in the 2 spring types and make a tube spacer the same or slightly longer.

Can anyone think of any reasons that this would fail horribly and leave a puddle of flesh across the interstate?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2007 09:32 #157739 by Fossil
Replied by Fossil on topic TM 125 fork tubes to lengthen KZ750 r1
Or, just use the entire dirt bike front end and use street springs and spacers to stiffen up the fork and reduce travel for street use. Use the dirt bike 21" wheel and disc brake. The other option is just call Frank's Maintenance and Engineering for extended tubes specifically for your bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.