Handlebars/wheel Not Aligned

More
17 Jul 2007 04:22 #157355 by Seijuro
Handlebars/wheel Not Aligned was created by Seijuro
I've got an 82 KZ550. She was laid down at low speed a few weeks ago, and I've managed to get her pretty much back together.

The problem that I'm having however that I can't seem to resolve, is the front wheel is pointing left relative to the handlebars. I noticed that one of the fork tubes was bent, so I replaced them both, but the problem is still there. Noticing as I was reinstalling the fork tubes that the right-hand fork tube did not slide into the top triple clamp readily, I replaced the top triple clamp piece but the problem is still there.

It seems to me that the forks and triple clamp would automatically align themselves such that the wheel is straight unless something is bent right?

The only thing I can figure that's left, is the lower half of the triple clamp/steering head, or the frame itself.

Am I missing something? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2007 05:47 - 03 Dec 2008 10:18 #157376 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 03 Dec 2008 10:18 by JMKZHI.

More
17 Jul 2007 11:01 #157455 by Seijuro
Replied by Seijuro on topic Handlebars/wheel Not Aligned
Yes the new forks are nice and straight. I received them complete and installed in their clamps and everything was true, however I removed them and installed them into my steering yoke and I still have problems.

I'm fairly convinced it's the lower half of the triple clamps that's bent.

By the way, where is the steering stop peg?