Strange front tire wear

More
23 Jul 2007 08:13 #158863 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic Strange front tire wear
As it turns out, the front tire was at 14 PSI:blink:
Seems I did not check it , and had lost air over the Winter:whistle: What a dip. And to think I have had my wife and both boys on it:dry: :unsure: :(
Thanks for pointing out that simple SAFETY check I had forgotten.
Pat

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2007 09:14 #158882 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Strange front tire wear
Just curious Pat...how was the bike handling with only 14 psi in the fron tire?
I ask this because I had a situation one time,while on a trip.I pulled out to pass some slowpoke,driving at about 70 miles an hour,lol...and I got quite a shock at how much wobble I experienced.I was going straight too!
As it turnes out,I too was low in the front tire(21psi).Topped it off at the next stop was and good to go.

The weird part of it is...just the week before,I topped off both tires...where'd the air go?:huh:

That was 2 years ago,and I haven't had any issues since then.Still using the same front tire too.
(no cupping or un-even wear,also)

I just thought that with only 14psi,that You for sure would have noticed a difference in the handling of the bike,no?:huh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
23 Jul 2007 09:52 #158897 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic Strange front tire wear
Sandy wrote:

The weird part of it is...just the week before,I topped off both tires...where'd the air go?:huh:

I just thought that with only 14psi,that You for sure would have noticed a difference in the handling of the bike,no?:huh:

I did notice it. But had figured it was the old ball bearings in the gooseneck/ head. I just can't believe I've been that STUPID !! Damn I'm lucky. The big man was watching over me.
On my cars and the wifes van, I check tire pressure at least every two weeks when they get a wax job and good cleaning.
My snowmobile and camping trailers are checked before EVERY trip. My sleds are always checked before even a short ride.
But on the one thing that has TWO wheels that my life depends on I didn't check it.:S
Pat

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

More
23 Jul 2007 10:52 #158914 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Strange front tire wear
It's all good Bud...We've ALL been there.

Just be sure to add it to Your,"To-Do" list,or "Check-List" in Your head.B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1