harley front end on 82csr 650

More
02 Jul 2007 16:02 #154316 by iamstryc9
harley front end on 82csr 650 was created by iamstryc9
hi all, was wondering if anyone had ever put a harley front end on a kaw b4? :evil:And if so, how much trouble was it? Do they pretty much bolt right up or is heavy modification needed? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2007 17:21 #154327 by Mellvis
Replied by Mellvis on topic harley front end on 82csr 650
Very heavy mods. First, you need the magnetic baffles in the mufflers. Next you have to pull AT LEAST one plug wire. THEN you have to ride with the back break at least half way applied so that the bike does not out-run the H-D front end. :blink:

PS: this is why I'm your favorite cousin!

More
02 Jul 2007 18:43 #154343 by iamstryc9
Replied by iamstryc9 on topic harley front end on 82csr 650
No Problem!! You still have YOUR magnetic Baffles Right?. One Question Though...Will it still require Petrol?

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
02 Jul 2007 19:53 #154360 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic harley front end on 82csr 650
iamstryc9 wrote:

One Question Though...Will it still require Petrol?

Yes, but it MUST be HD brand fuel.
Anything else would take away from the essence that is Hardly.
This raises a quandry however, since the HD front end will be trying to tear itself free from the rest of the bike, which is a Kawi. I think it's the motorcycle version of dueling polarities. :whistle: :laugh:

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
02 Jul 2007 20:08 #154366 by iamstryc9
hmm...so with that being said, you think HD license plate bolts will rectify the situation? Perhaps then the two could successfully mate....

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
02 Jul 2007 20:37 #154372 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic harley front end on 82csr 650
iamstryc9 wrote:

hmm...so with that being said, you think HD license plate bolts will rectify the situation? Perhaps then the two could successfully mate....

That could help some, but they must be shaped like skulls.
I think that if you were to use one of those side-mount license plate holders, slap on a rear set of bullet-shaped turn signals and a tombstone tail light (with the blue dot of course), it should set the universe straight, and your bike will be as one again. :P :laugh:

Seriously though, what type of HD front end were you considering mounting up to your bike?

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2007/07/02 23:38

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

More
02 Jul 2007 22:40 #154389 by dreamsofaz1r
Replied by dreamsofaz1r on topic harley front end on 82csr 650
All of this CAN work, BUT ONLY if you have your Gen-U-Wine Hardly Davidson padlock so no one steals it while your hanging out at the Corwin Pedler. I mean, after all, you will be all of 15 feet away from it and you KNOW what can happen in that 1.9 seconds it would take you to actually GET to the bike. :whistle:

More
03 Jul 2007 07:20 #154453 by iamstryc9
I actually dont know yet, someone just said they would give me one, and I was wondering if the shaft diam. and length usually were within close tolerances of the kz's or if they were totally different.

But then again, with a tombstone tail light, none of that really matters does it!:laugh:

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
More
03 Jul 2007 07:29 #154457 by The Gringo
Replied by The Gringo on topic harley front end on 82csr 650
Say what you want about tombstone tail lights but I remember back in the day I had a customer that bought a 440 LTD from me and he put one on it. Made the bike look really cool. If I could find one cheap I'd like to try one on a 550 LTD I've got. I'd have to pass on the blue dot though, too JC Whitney for me.:laugh:

Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special

More
03 Jul 2007 09:33 #154479 by Merc144
Replied by Merc144 on topic harley front end on 82csr 650
Forkless,
I think that putting any harley parts on a Kawasaki is just plain blasphemous. I would think that such a mod would completely Kill the resale value of that bike. I have no qualms with putting Japanese parts on a harley, I think most of the electrical, fuel system, guages, are allready made in Japan, or hell maybe China by now for that matter. Really the only front end I would even consider would be a Buell USD fork setup. Why stop there why dont you put a Harley engine in it and be done with it.....
:pinch:

More
04 Jul 2007 20:19 #154786 by iamstryc9
wow...breath. ( Why do I have to tell everyone that??)

First and Foremost. I cant put the harley engine in it, They cost too much moneys, As the Great DAC once said. He may have said it twice. Which brings forth the fact that this "MOD" was only considered because of the *free HD front end I recieved from a good friend. And thanks for your concern, but I am not worried about the "resale" value of my three hundred dollar bike that was purchased because my toyota broke down, and must be on the road later this week if I am to continue to work, As I am not on a busline.

So if you are still concerned about my "Blasphemous" Behavior, What is the cheapest price you can make me on an 82csr 650 front end, so as not to offend Godisaki?

By the way...you do know Harley makes Buell right?

I will be inserting a random "smiley face" as not too offend anyone.:laugh: ( why is my smiley laughing while yours looks so depressed? Maybe some Zoloft is in need)

More
05 Jul 2007 05:07 #154826 by DrWhizBang
Replied by DrWhizBang on topic harley front end on 82csr 650
Merc144 wrote:

Forkless,
I think that putting any harley parts on a Kawasaki is just plain blasphemous...

Although I don't have a big sign on my bike adverstising the fact, putting a set of Sportster rear shocks was a huge improvement to my Kawi. Then again, Kawisaki, Harley, they're probably all made in the same factory in China...

KZ650C2 w/810CC in Saint John, NB
-- a sleeper, methinks.