throttle cable

More
25 Jun 2007 18:58 #152678 by clutch85
throttle cable was created by clutch85
hello kz riders,

wasnt sure where to put this thread at so i hope the catagory is appropriate for my question, my throttle cable came loose today and i do not know how to fix it, i was riding and i heard and felt a click in the right grip like the cable broke or came loose and instanly the throttle would just turn with no resistance and i am now going to have to get my bike on a trailor to get it home unless i can fix it on site, any help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2007 19:03 #152680 by brich
Replied by brich on topic throttle cable
well if it snapped .. you CAN fix it on site with a new one, a few wrenches and some needlenose pliers. Not sure what carbs or year bike you have, but on mine i just need two 10mm wrenches and a good pair of long neck curved needlenose pliers.

However, if you never swapped out a cable before pay close attention to how it is run and get ready to be minorly annoyed at trying to get the end in the slot on the throttle linkage ... ;)
Bring a few screwdrivers too!! Always helpful.

-b

1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

More
25 Jun 2007 21:32 #152729 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic throttle cable
What kind of bike do you have? If you have two cables you can switch the closer cable to the opener side and get it home.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
25 Jun 2007 23:54 #152741 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic throttle cable
brich wrote:

get ready to be minorly annoyed at trying to get the end in the slot on the throttle linkage ... ;)
Bring a few screwdrivers too!! Always helpful.

-b

Don't sugar coat it, it can be a bitch.

If broken and you have some tools you can swap the return cable for the pull cable and let the spring pull the carps closed.
Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.