battery box

More
08 Jun 2007 19:16 #147663 by hobodan
battery box was created by hobodan
Quick question; I looked at the diagrams Kawasaki had, but i was just curious if there is a spacer between the battery box and the frame? perhaps my bolt is just not small enough... It's a '77 kz650-b1. Also, do you know if they sell a bolt kit for the whole frame? A lot of them are old and rusted. Perhaps I will have to individually get them... Thanks!

-Dan

1977 KZ650-B1 frame and engine. Random pile of parts for the rest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2007 02:02 #147731 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic battery box
hobodan wrote:

Quick question; I looked at the diagrams Kawasaki had, but i was just curious if there is a spacer between the battery box and the frame? perhaps my bolt is just not small enough... It's a '77 kz650-b1. Also, do you know if they sell a bolt kit for the whole frame? A lot of them are old and rusted. Perhaps I will have to individually get them... Thanks!

-Dan

Perhaps already seen the kawasaki.com diagram. Not sure about tranferring it here, but will try. Am uncertain, but appears to bolt directly to a frame tab with no spacer. Don't understand the bolt size fitment issue. A bolt head should not be rubbing against the battery. Battery should rest freely inside the case, protected on bottom and sides by the rubber bumpers. Some slide in from the top (eg., Z-1)
and others from the side (eg., KZ900). :)

Post edited by: Patton, at: 2007/06/09 05:05

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
10 Jun 2007 23:04 #148224 by hobodan
Replied by hobodan on topic battery box
Thanks man! I found out what the problem was, i wasent using the right bolt and enough washers. And the bolt numbers mean this:

6x12 <--> 6mm diameter and 12mm length measuring from the bottom of the head to the end of the bolt.

8x60 <--> 8mm diameter, 60mm length

and so on.

Also, i have a lead on someone who might do a whole bolt kit for anything that attaches to the frame.

Thanks again!

1977 KZ650-B1 frame and engine. Random pile of parts for the rest.

More
11 Jun 2007 05:00 #148237 by bill_wilcox100
Replied by bill_wilcox100 on topic battery box
I'd be interested in knowing how the bolt kit works out. I might want to do the same thing. Could you post back to this thread with your findings?

Best of success.

1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada

More
11 Jun 2007 05:39 #148246 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic battery box
if you find someone who will do a bolt kit, let me know also, it woul save a lot of time at the supply house

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob