Replace Rear Wheel Bolt?

More
03 Jun 2007 07:46 #145848 by Allshookup
Replace Rear Wheel Bolt? was created by Allshookup
I was replacing my rear sprocket yesterday on my 85 KZ1000P everything came off okay but going back on is the problem one of the bolt studs just spins around and around so I can't tighten it upm it's just finger tight.

What do I have to do to get this thing tight?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2007 09:57 #145863 by AR15Ron
Replied by AR15Ron on topic Replace Rear Wheel Bolt?
on my 78 the back of the stud is square and fits into a slot to hold it while you tighten it, maybe it is spinning? If the slot is actually broken I'd just try to jam something in there to hold it enough to get it to bite (screwdriver maybe) so you can torque it the rest of the way. Unless your bike it totally different anyway. Make sure it is firmly seated, IE you can see the same amount of thread on that stud as the rest of them. Sometimes they miss the hole and you have to push it into place from the back. Not sure if the design changed on your bike and they really are studs pressed in place and not bolts like mine. If that's the case you might just try an impact gun or something and see if it will take a bite after a minute or so.

More
04 Jun 2007 05:23 #146115 by Allshookup
Replied by Allshookup on topic Replace Rear Wheel Bolt?
I assume you are talking about disassembling the rear hub to see the bolt heads?

• wireman
  • Visitor
04 Jun 2007 09:15 #146171 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Replace Rear Wheel Bolt?
yep,pull the sprocket holder off and flip it over;)