Use car tires on a KZ? Like going darkside on valkyries

More
30 May 2007 00:53 #144783 by jeffreygp
Hello, I would like to ask if anyone has any experience in using car tires on a KZ. My friend rides a Valkyrie and he is completely satisfied,says he gets more out of the car tires at lesser cost,without any noticeable difference in ride quality and handling. Would this be possible on KZ's? your opinions and expertise would greatly be appreciated. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2007 00:55 #144784 by AR15Ron
Car tires would be great for going straight, not so good for turning. Problem is they are flat, motorcycle tires wrap around for leaning into the turns. Also be very hard to find anything that could fit on a KZ without major modification that would cost more than a lifetime supply of tires.

More
31 May 2007 10:22 #145228 by CruisingRam
I rode a valkryie my best friend just bought with a car tire- wow-what a dangerous mod- the thing wobbles like crazy on just regular turns throughout town- you hit that edge- it wants to stand up on you in a curve! It actually eats wheel bearings too- it is an absolutely horrible mod! IT has been switched back, and the new tires last as long as the car tires, more expesive, but far, far safer and easier on the bike!

I will NEVER do this mod for ANY bike!

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.