Rear-shock replacement recap

More
21 May 2007 18:33 #142168 by eMusicMan
Rear-shock replacement recap was created by eMusicMan
Hows that for alliteration?

I see some posts out there about people replacing their rear shocks with various brands... but never see anything after the replacement.

Anyone have anything to say about what they've experienced or post-purchase lessons?

I've been talking with Progressive Suspension, I told them my situation (commuting, weight, two-up sometimes, 82 KZ550 LTD, etc). They said I should go for their Series-14 shock with heavy duty springs in the 90/130 spring-rate.

So far, all I know is PS' product. Any others out there? Lessons learned? It think this could be a good recap if anyone out there can share what they've experienced or learned along the way.

Thanks all,
Dustin H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2007 18:43 #142172 by neilage66
Replied by neilage66 on topic Rear-shock replacement recap
I like Koni's because they're vintage and rebuildable. I rebuilt a pair of 7610 P's (dial-a-ride) last year for my GPz and they are a great improvement over stock and much better after rebuild (I learned alot too!)
For the price of new Progressives a nice set of Koni's could be had on ebay if you're patient. I got a new in box set for various Kawasakis awhile ago for $125 which I was pleased as punch over.
IKON suspension in Australia now makes all Koni-esque models and has parts for the old ones too...good folks down under there. Koni America doesn't even admit to making motorcycle shocks anymore only automotive racing shocks and coils.
Progressive gets great reviews for the money and of course there are mucho dinero higher end shocks out there too. Oehlins / Works / etc.
Here is a link to IKON if interested in perusing:
www.ikonsuspension.com/

Had to edit my grammar...nice illiterate-ation too Dustin ;)

Post edited by: neilage66, at: 2007/05/21 21:44

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.