front brakes-help!

• violentvintagecycles
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
20 Apr 2007 08:30 #132222 by violentvintagecycles
front brakes-help! was created by violentvintagecycles
Whats up ppl? Working on my nephews bike, (not a kz, but a kdx200), had to put a master cylinder on it, did it, now i cant get the brakes to work at all. I did bleed the master cylinder, get good pressure out of it, but get nothing but a dribble out of the nipple. Also, the piston is moving in and out of the caliper, and there are no leakes. I've been trying and re-trying to bleed the brakes and master for a day now. have a spare parts bike, took the hose off, tried that, still same thing. He took a spill on it last week, hasnt been ridden since, took the brunt of it on the handlebars and the back fender. (flipped a couple times) so thinking mayve it busted the piston cup seal, but then i wouldnt be getting pressure out of the master, correct? Im stumped, feel like an idiot.. Help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
20 Apr 2007 10:38 #132264 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic front brakes-help!
were brakes working before the excessive horsepower to brain cell ratio incident?

More
20 Apr 2007 15:42 #132348 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic front brakes-help!
you didnt say if it was a new master or not, try , this, fill the master cyl up to the top tape the handle to the bars, and open the bleeder at the caliper, let it sit and drain down, you can also tap on each fitting.

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

• wireman
  • Visitor
20 Apr 2007 19:07 #132385 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic front brakes-help!
ah so it is a differant mastercylinder.keep the mastercylinder topped off and crack bleeder open run a rubber hose from bleeder to a container to catch the brake fluid that drips out and just let it gravity bleed for a while,then once you get a lit fluid to come out bleed the brakes normally;)

• violentvintagecycles
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
25 Apr 2007 19:32 #134015 by violentvintagecycles
Replied by violentvintagecycles on topic front brakes-help!
Worked like a charm guys, thanks again!