rear wheel id

More
25 Apr 2007 03:22 #133717 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic rear wheel id
I have had EBC brake shoes that were for the correct application, but they must have not done the final machining/ sizing before they left the factory because they were just a tad to big to fit in the drum.
Fish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dutch Masters
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
25 Apr 2007 06:13 #133759 by Dutch Masters
Replied by Dutch Masters on topic rear wheel id
Fish: I'm hoping that is the same issue that I had with the brake shoes. How did you get them to fit?

More
26 Apr 2007 03:48 #134098 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic rear wheel id
I have a motorcycle shop and the customer supplied the brakes in question. I just took a set off the shelf and put them on his bike and returned his shoes to him. The 2 sets of shoes were identical, but his set looked to have not had final machining done.
Most shops will stand by their products and the shop that you bought them from should be able to take them back and get you a proper set.
I dont know if the customer sent the brakes back or what he did. I think he may have got them off ebay.
Fish

• Dutch Masters
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 May 2007 09:43 #136772 by Dutch Masters
Replied by Dutch Masters on topic rear wheel id
so good news on the rear brake front. I got a set of shoes from Z1 yesterday, I got them on last night. The KZ400 website had a suggestion of prying the shoes ever so slighty towards each other to make them slip in easier.

So now I have rear brakes, no pictures of me riding yet, still doing a little carb/motor work, but that should be done soon.