Well that won't work! Fork seals

More
16 Apr 2007 16:56 #130891 by Frank
Well that won't work! Fork seals was created by Frank
With some advice from the forum and my trusty kawasaki service manual tonight i tackled my fork seals on my 1985 ZN750LTD. The local kawasaki shop does not have the microfiche for this bike so me "ass-uming" i thought the fork seals for a spectre would be the same(since they are both covered in my manual). WRONG!!! They are actually 2-3mm taller than what i need but they are the right diameters. So 1) grind down the original spacer(Ya right lol) 2) Take the $20 loss and see if i can find the actual ones. The only place i have found is ATHENA and they have ones for the 700 which I know is the same but yet agian the local shops seem not to have these either. Thought i would post this so no one will end up with a job taking longer than it should have. Oh and for all those saying you need an impact gun to get the damper rod bolts out......wrong and i know these have never been touch. A little muscle and patience will do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
16 Apr 2007 18:58 #130927 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Well that won't work! Fork seals
an air ratchet just makes it easier to take them apart so you dont have to hold the rod from spinning while you remove the bolt;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.