Air..forks?

More
14 Apr 2007 15:11 #130113 by KZDave
Air..forks? was created by KZDave
Got to back running and ready go to, but........the forks are really soft I mean, REALLY soft I can compress them all the way by hand...Found the air fill chuck up by where the handle bars attach. Put a little air in (20 psi to start and it all leaks out toward the bottom of the forks by the seals. Do all these bikes have air forks, should I try to find some that don't have the air assist or just get new seals? Is this a common problem?

..Dave :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2007 16:28 #130136 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Air..forks?
Have you checked the oil level in the forks?

KD9JUR

More
14 Apr 2007 18:18 #130172 by Fossil
Replied by Fossil on topic Air..forks?
20psi sounds high. I might be wrong but I think 10psi was max for my original forks.

More
15 Apr 2007 03:55 #130256 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic Air..forks?
Get new seals for your forks.
I put air caps on my KZ 900 and at 12 PSI the forks were so stiff they were useless.
You should NEVER fill air forks with an air chuck hooked to a compressor. You should allways fill them with a manual pump like a bicycle pump (Progessive makes a hand held pump specifically for air forks.shock). Most air forks use low pressure air to assist the dampening/ springs that are in the forks for fine tuning your ride.
FFish

More
15 Apr 2007 08:26 #130313 by kz1000g
Replied by kz1000g on topic Air..forks?
You might want to look into new springs from Progressive. It will make your rides a whole lot nicer.

Paul Sr.
kz1000g