Encouragement needed for project!

More
07 Apr 2007 14:08 #127442 by Nevco48
Replied by Nevco48 on topic Encouragement needed for project!
speedadict wrote:

PSTRBRC Where are you a pastor at?

He's the pastor of KZR!

The only place that I worship...:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2007 14:14 #127445 by twinkyrider
Replied by twinkyrider on topic Encouragement needed for project!
Looks like you have a great bike to start with. I spent a fair amount of money and replacing alot of parts to make it rideable. Took me 2 months to figure out a paint color and had contemplated doing the frame too, but not yet,maybe next winter. Hope to paint next weekend then I can finally get some pics up. Go for it! you won't be sorry and you'll have something different than anyone else.

78 kz1000A
Fond du Lac,WI

• wireman
  • Visitor
07 Apr 2007 15:52 #127469 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Encouragement needed for project!
speedadict wrote:

Here are two members bikes that are my inspiration. The blue one is the right idea, and the purple one is the color.

thats a nice bike,look in projects forum on page 3 under turbo project i need some motivation also!:P

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2007/04/07 21:32
Attachments:

More
07 Apr 2007 20:01 #127552 by speedadict
Replied by speedadict on topic Encouragement needed for project!
Well guys I am in Minnesota, and up here all there is, is bad weather. I don't need to collect ANY parts. The bike is very nice already. All it needs is taken apart, repainted frame, tank, tail, and side panels and reassembly. I have to do it when the weather is good so the temperature is high enough for the paint. I think my strategy is going to be two phases... First I will paint the tank, side covers and tail, and put it back together. Then if I really am satisfied with the color, I will take her apart and conquer the frame. Sound good? Problem is... I will probably paint phase one and then lack motivation to start phase two...:unsure:

More
07 Apr 2007 23:48 #127611 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Encouragement needed for project!
Is your 79 actually black as it appears to me in the pic?
Or is it a dark reddish color?

Hopefully a pic of a stock paint 79 appears below.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/04/08 02:52

KD9JUR
Attachments:

More
08 Apr 2007 19:25 #127877 by speedadict
Actually it is a metalic purple now... My wife thinks its more of a metalic midnight blue... In the gallery, someone loaded a picture of two twins together with a nice garage in the background...(on the first page). One of them is the same color I have.

More
08 Apr 2007 20:44 #127955 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Encouragement needed for project!
speedadict wrote:

Actually it is a metalic purple now... My wife thinks its more of a metalic midnight blue... In the gallery, someone loaded a picture of two twins together with a nice garage in the background...(on the first page). One of them is the same color I have.

That's Shoe48, the same one that posted above :)

He's another one of the KZR Crazies that prefer the 750 twins, and it seems like our numbers are growing :D

I have three that are complete (at the moment and subject to change), and a bunch of spares.

I was asking about the color because I have a 79 with a 78 tank on it, and I'm looking for a 79 tank with good original paint.
The 78 color is real close, but the pinstriping don't match.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/04/08 23:47

KD9JUR

More
08 Apr 2007 22:10 - 26 Aug 2009 11:55 #127994 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic Encouragement needed for project!

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 26 Aug 2009 11:55 by KZ250LTD.

More
09 Apr 2007 18:13 #128239 by speedadict
I'll keep ya'll posted... Right now I am in major crisis about the color. A quart is only $20 so if I have to trow away the 20 I will. I may have them darken it a little. Other wise give me some help on a color! No Reds, and no yellows. Gotta have some shazam if ya' know what I mean. This purple is to pink for me, and I don't want a pink motorcycle. It looks ok in the shade, but to pink in the sun. Maybe a green or a blue... What else is there, I want it to look unique, but maybe retro? Urg!

More
25 Apr 2007 13:33 #133878 by speedadict
Ok everybody. This project is well under way. I have decieded to do it in two phases. Phase I is to just repaint the tank, side covers, tail, etc. Then if that goes well, Phase II will be repainting the frame to match the rest. I had the store darken the purple, but I am going to paint the bike a somewhat dark blue metaliic instead. The prep work is nearly complete on Phase I, and the bike is in grey primer. If it is warm enough on Saturday, I may paint then. Stay tuned for more pictures.

More
25 Apr 2007 16:01 #133930 by speedadict
I made a project forum out of this instead. Check for KZ750B from zero to hero...

• kano
  • User
  • Not Another Bloody Limey!
More
25 Apr 2007 20:44 #134036 by kano
Replied by kano on topic Encouragement needed for project!
look what a disabled guy with 3 bulging disks/stay at home dad did in 10 mths
in a shed dude if that dosnt inspire you nothing will.
link in my sig.