Suspension Upgrades

More
06 Apr 2007 21:20 #127236 by 240Z
Suspension Upgrades was created by 240Z
I am a newcomer to this website and really like browsing through the articles herein. Although I don't currently own a Kaw I am a big fan of '70's/'80's Japanese bikes. I currently own a 1982 GS1100E Suzuki that has been modified with GSXR suspension components. I did a fair amount of research on what swaps out with what and which year components work best with bikes like ours. My guess is that a lot of GSXR stuff will bolt up to the KZ's with very little trouble. The upgrades I did really made my bike handle like a dream and I'm sure if anyone is willing to put in the effort they can do the same with a KZ. I'm definitely no expert but can impart some info that may save you some time and effort. Let me know if I can help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2007 21:23 #127240 by 240Z
Replied by 240Z on topic Suspension Upgrades
Sorry I tried to upload a couple of pics of my bike but the file size is too big. I would be more than happy to email you the pics directly. Also check out thegsresoources.com for other posts on the same topic.

More
06 Apr 2007 22:27 #127253 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Suspension Upgrades
Or you could just browse through the Gallery (under the "Members" tab at the top) and check out the KZ's with GSXR front and/or rear suspension :)

It's a pretty common conversion as the GSXR is noted for having excellent suspension.

KD9JUR